Dr. Christopher Berry is Kern County’s most experienced prenatal chiropractic specialist. He is the chiropractor of choice for many local obstetricians who refer their patients for chiropractic care. He employs safe and gentle techniques while utilizing special tables and equipment designed to accommodate women in all stages of pregnancy. Dr. Berry has undergone special post-graduate training in order to provide advanced prenatal care for expectant mothers. He is a certified Webster Technique practitioner and is also an ICEA certified prenatal fitness instructor.
Some of the key benefits of chiropractic care during pregnancy include:
- -Maintaining a healthier pregnancy
- -Reducing the time of labor and delivery
- -Relieving back, neck or joint pain
- -Reduction of nervous tension
- -Creates balance in pelvic bony structures, muscles and ligaments
- -Decreased nausea
- -Improved functioning of the immune system
- -Improved posture
- -Better sleep
According to the American Pregnancy Association (APA), chiropractic care during pregnancy may be beneficial with reducing the time of labor & delivery, and in controlling symptoms of nausea. In addition, it helps relieve low back pain, neck pain, and headaches that are common with pregnancy.